Tina DC Hayes indirectly tagged me to answer my own 11 questions by writing in her response that if I was reading it, I was considered tagged! So, here I go answering my own questions! I’m going to use her sneaky tagging to say the same thing. If you read this, you are tagged!
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
All over Europe! Or the Gallapagos Islands.
2. Why do you write in the genre you write in?
I write in several genres, though I tend to stick to the darker ones. I usually claim thriller/suspense as my genre, as well as horror. I am not sure why I write in that genre. I guess I have a dark and twisty side that comes out in my writing.
3. How did you come up with the idea for your current work in progress (or most recent work in progress)
I don’t usually remember the sparks that spawn my story ideas. My current work in progress is the first NaNoWriMo novel I ever wrote (back in 2004). This will be the second rewrite, but I’m starting from scratch (well, I’m keeping SOME of the events the same because they are too good to leave out), and making it edgier and scarier. 🙂
4. What came first, the chicken or the egg and why?
Chicken because without the chicken, there can be no egg.
5. How often do you write?
I was writing every day until I got sick. Because I got sick, I was laid up on the couch for four days. Because I was laid up on the couch for four days, I had a lot of time to think. With all that time to think, I realized I was working on the wrong project. So I changed projects and I’m in the development stage in which I just think a lot about the characters and plot and occassionally jot things down.
6. What is scariest: Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, or other?
Zombies that can run. Those are the scariest. Vampires are sexy, werewolves are cute.
7. Pizza toppings: name three of your favorites.
Pepperoni, extra cheese, and pepperoni. 🙂 For our “gourmet” pizza we do bacon, green olives, artichoke hearts and fresh mozzarella.
8. You’re given a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble, do you buy a novel by your favorite author, or a how to guide on writing (such as Dwight Swain’s Techniques of the Selling Author)?
This is actually a very tough question. I would probably use it to try out a new author in my favorite genre (horror). When I get gift cards like this it takes me a while to spend them because I don’t want to “waste” the “free book money” on something I’ll regret! 🙂
9. Yes or No?
Yes, because I’m an optimist!
10. If you could have any exotic or fantastical pet, what would you have?
Pegasus that can shrink and be a pocket pet (yes, Tina, I stole your “pocket pet” idea).
11. Why do you write?
I write because it is so much fun to create new worlds and new people and to, in a way, play God with those people. I love to use my imagination! I write to entertain, to transport readers to places other than their, possibly, mediocre lives. I write to transport myself away (though my life is hardly mediocre). I write to experiment with events. I write because I love to write!
Claire L. Fishback