Woo Hoo! I have been tagged by Anna Mittower in the Writer’s Platform Building campaign 11 question game! These are some tough ones! Yowza!
1. What country is the home of the majority of authors you read?
Wow. That’s a good question. Probably the United States though I can’t get any more specific than that!
2. An otaku is someone who’s obsessed with something (not necessarily anime/manga). What kind of otaku are you?
Obsessed… I sometimes get obsessed with these hidden object games on my computer I download from Big Fish Games. Love that they are quests along with the hidden object puzzles. I’ve been known to beat them in a single evening.
3. Ebooks vs. Paper: which do you like better?
For novels – ebooks (I have a Kindle and LOVE it)
For books on writing – paper for sure.
4. Do you have a sweet tooth or are you a salty dog?
I usually have a sweet tooth, and after that’s satisfied I become a salty dog! I like the balance of salty and sweet.
5. Would you ever dress up as a favorite character? If so, which one?
For some reason I can’t think of a favorite character I could dress as. Probably because I’m reading 1Q84 right now and it is ruining my genre brain. I’m planning to stop reading at the end of book one and take a break from it.
6. What upcoming movie are you most looking forward to?
Can you believe this is the hardest question to answer? I must live under a rock because I don’t even know what’s coming out! Anything horror, though. If there are any good horror movies coming out, I’m looking forward to them. 🙂
7. “Cats rule, dogs drool.” Do you agree or disagree?
Totally disagree. I’m a dog lover through and through!
8. What fictional world do you spend the most time in?
9. You are given a $1000 gift card to the store of your choice. Which store would you pick and what would you buy?
Amazon or Barnes and Noble. BOOKS!
Okay… realistically? I would just want a Visa gift card. Then I could spend it all over the place! But I’d probably buy a lot of books. 🙂
10. Who or what encouraged you to pursue your current career?
My “career” as a writer, or my day job? As a writer, it just came naturally ever since I was little. For my day job – location.
11. If you could build your own house, what room has to be included and have the most money/care spent on it?
And now… questions for the next people! I’m not sure what the rules are so I’m just going to write some fun Q’s and tag some peeps!
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
2. Why do you write in the genre you write in?
3. How did you come up with the idea for your current work in progress (or most recent work in progress)?
4. What came first, the chicken or the egg and why?
5. How often do you write?
6. What is scariest: Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, or other?
7. Pizza toppings: name three of your favorites.
8. You’re given a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble, do you a novel by your favorite author, or a how to guide on writing (such as Dwight Swain’s Techniques of the Selling Author)?
9. Yes or No?
10. If you could have any exotic or fantastical pet, what would you have?
11. Why do you write?
And I am tagging:
I look foward to your answers!!!
Claire L. Fishback